Tower Grove is one of only a small handful of municipal parks in the country designated as a National Historic Landmark. Donated to the City of St. Louis in 1868 by Henry Shaw, its 289 acres make it the second largest park in the city.

The northeast pedestrian entrance was in serious need of repairs after a car collision and deterioration of the existing mortar joints. Years of water penetration, pollution, and soot buildup left the entrance discolored, unsightly, and structurally unstable.

The entire entrance was ground out, tuckpointed solid and fully restoration cleaned.

The top of the entrance was torn down and rebuilt using re bar reinforcement.

Restored to it’s former glory, the entrance now beautifully compliments the rest of the park.

(click arrows for before & after)

(click arrows for before & after)